Our top priority is the safety and wellness of our patients, their families, and our staff. We are paying special attention to every detail – from patient arrival, to procedure, to check out – and we are instituting new protocols for all appointments. Below is an outline of these important guidelines.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
We will be contacting patients prior to their appointment to ask the following questions of the patient and their accompanying guardian. If the answer to any of these screening questions is “yes”, the patient will need to reschedule their appointment for at least two weeks out.
- Has your child or anyone in your household been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for, or is suspected to have, COVID‐19?
- Has your child or their accompanying guardian traveled internationally in the last 14
- Does your child or their accompanying guardian currently have (or have they had in the last three days) a fever of 100.4 or higher or are they exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness?
UPON ARRIVAL FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Please plan to be on time for your scheduled appointment as we will try to minimize the wait time and maintain distancing guidelines. For these reasons, we may reschedule the appointment for any child who is excessively late to arrive.
- Please limit the number of people coming to the dental appointment to the patient(s) and one parent or guardian. Any child who does not have an appointment will be asked to wait in their car with a parent.
- Everyone entering our dental office will have their temperature taken. If a fever (temperature greater than 100.4 degrees) is present in any member of the family, we must reschedule the appointment(s). Everyone entering our practice will be required to wear a face covering as recommended by the CDC and to sanitize their hands.
- During the procedure one parent or guardian may accompany their child, and must maintain social distancing from other patients who may be present. We encourage all parents to remain in their car during their children’s appointment.
OUR SANITATION PROTOCOLS
- We sanitize our public areas such as waiting room seating, check-in and check-out areas, tables, door handles and other hard surfaces after each family visit.
- We thoroughly clean each clinical room including wiping down all potential areas of contact such as doorknobs, chairs, and equipment with medical grade disinfectant wipes between each patient.
- Our team is being vigilant about frequent hand washing and regular use of hand sanitizer between each patient encounter, as is standard for our practice.
- We have doubled down on our training protocols. Doctors, hygienists and clinical staff have been trained in the proper use of personal protective equipment to include masks, shields, goggles, gloves and gowns as per CDC recommendations for direct health care facilities.
- We are taking temperatures once a day for all team members and instruct any team member who presents with a temperature of over 100.4 employee or feels ill to return home.
We are excited to serve our patients and look forward to seeing you again soon!